Friday, May 30, 2008

The Story of Lily


Hey guys, I'm back. Well I have a story to tell you. It's about my filly Lily. This poor foal has more strikes against her than I've ever encountered before. First she gets trampled and beat up by would be mothers. She has Monkey mouth, she had a contracted front tendon ...which has since been fixed and the good thing is she has great straight legs, although that may not make any difference as to her future. The vet says she has a slight case of Hyperthyroidism, she says normally they die or she recommends euthanising. You can see in one of these pictures the little girls knees, they are both swollen. She doesn't appear bothered by it. She has a healthy appetite she plays and is a very happy little thing. In three weeks she will go to the vet for x-rays of her knees. These x rays will show if the bones are growing properly...if they arn't, then I guess I have to make a decision about what to do with her. If she is going to have some quality of life then I guess she will be a lifer with me. I love her already and will give her a home with me until she dies or I do, whichever comes first. I have had the opportunity to have quite a few foals I have liked them all but this little filly is special there is something about her that is different. I feel she was given to me for a reason .....don't know what that would be but she really is a gift and one I will cherish even if ......don't even want to think it...... but even if she doesn't have a long life. Anyhow I don't want to type about this anymore, I am hoping the little darlin gets a good vet report and we will go from there. Sorry the pictures arn't to good, the little bugger won't stay far enough away to get a decent pic. The other day I managed to get a picture of her nostrils....that was nice. Anyhow stay tuned for some new pics of the colt, he is getting quite big and what a beauty.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Awww, how sad for Lily; she is so cute and lovable. I will pray that she continues to improve and passes her vet exam.

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie