Monday, May 11, 2009

Camera Inept

I was trying to take some pics of the moon the other night. The moon was huge and the clouds around it looked very neat. This is what I ended up with. Can anyone out there tell me what went wrong. I tried just about every setting I could think of to get the shot just right. These pictures don't look anything like what I was looking at. So.............help!!!!! What can I do to get shots at night etc. Sometimes I get lucky and the odd one will turn out. Remmember now I said I'm not that great with the camera but I will take whatever help I can get. Well have to go, I'm off to the Greenhouse, see if I can't get something accomplished down there.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Well, even if that's not what you were trying to get, they are cool shots nonetheless! I think with moon shots, you need a tripod and the ability to do an exposure that lasts a couple of seconds. Check Ed's blog, Thoughts From the Road, he talks about this on one of his posts last week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well I can only tell you my experience..camera movement..caused the second shot to look all funny. Try a tripod, or steady your camera on a really stable object...the hood of a car, fence post etc..
The first photo, I have no clues for you..give Ed a holler ..he is very helpful..he may have even had some tips up sometimes on his blog, so check out his archives if you have time:)

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie