Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Trailer

Dave went a while back and bought a 2 horse trailer for me. It was a well done home made trailer. I was very excited to have my own trailer and thought I would be running around all over the place exploring new places to ride. The first time out I got a flat tire, I started to get paranoid about my horse getting loose in there and thinking it would be a good idea to leave. (half doors)I know it sounds unreasonable but I really was afraid of the silly thing. I have hauled horses around for years and in some pretty strange rigs but I have never been afraid to do so. On top of not wanting to use the trailer my little herd .....and myself have been spoiled by the use of a large stock trailer so loading was an issue.....not one I wanted to get into, thus the sale of the little trailer. Enter the new trailer. Dave has a friend that lives just down the road, he has been asking him for years if he wants to sell his trailer....he's never given him an answer. The other day we went over there and Dave asked him again and this time we got a yes out of him. So long story........shorter this is the new trailer.






As you can see it needs some work, the first thing we did was obvious.....rims and tires,then we hauled it out of it's hole.
Dave then hauled it home and we took the pressure washer to it...bye ...bye Lichen.

So this is where we are at now. Dave still has some stuff to work out and then.........wahoo I can't wait to try it out. I know it needs a paint job and most likely other stuff too but I'm so excited this trailer should last me a long time. The trailer is 21 years old it has spent the last 5 yrs hiding in the back forty and it has less than 1000 miles on it. Bonus.!!!!!!!!! Anyhow guys that's it for my rambling gotta run. Later. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Yeah! Looks like a slightly shorter version of mine.

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie