Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Alberta Blue Boys

Alberta Blue Boys. Sounds like the name of a band.

Here are a few shots of the youngsters being handled a bit. This is Jake,very crabby about the whole thing. He is having a growth spurt right now so he is a little discombobalated......is that how you spell that? I don't have my dictionary handy and I'm to tired to go look.Jake was quite unimpressed with the procedure. He is just a yr and 3 mths. It is time to work with him a lot as he is sporting a real attitude ......not the sweetest nature. He will come around though he is really friendly and smart so if we get a handle on him now he should turn out OK. I'm betting he is going to hit 16 hands, if he doesn't he will get close.This is Skookum,he is only 2 and he is having a growth spurt too. I'm starting to wonder just how big these horses are going to get. We aren't 20 anymore and I don't want to have to pack a cheat stirrup. Have you heard the expression "Admire the Tall and Ride the Small"there is logic in that.As much as these two look alike they are as different as they could be. Skookum has no attitude he just kinda goes with the flow. He is really layed back and so easy to deal with. Anyhow I guess time will tell as to how the boys turn out.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

They sure are a pretty color! Gotta love those blue horses(ahem!) Love the big smile on Dave's face; I think he likes getting his picture taken! Not like you and me, eh?

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie