Thursday, October 7, 2010

Road Trip Part 2

I realized after posting Road Trip Part 1 that I never said where or why the road trip....the where was down to the Coast, Abbotsford to be exact and the why was to visit my Mom. (Dave also got to visit his sister)I haven't been to the coast for I'm guessing over 20 yrs. If my Mom hadn't moved down there I probably wouldn't ever have gone there again. Anyhow on with the trip. I'm starting you off at the Bromley Rock again because we had a little incident there that had me in stitches. The first pic shows Sage checking out the water she and the others really enjoyed their little swim......one individual however did not.

You can't see it in this pic but Dave is all wet from doing his versian of the funky chicken in the river. I had asked him to call all the dogs so I could get a picture of them and him together,he proceeded to step up onto a rock and then.....the rock started to teeter back and forth....down he went flailing away like a fish out of water. Have you ever stood there with camera in hand more than ready to get a good picture.....and then missed the shot cause you were to busy watching the event to get the pic......well that's what happened to me. It was soooo funny even if I could have stopped laughing the chance at the pic was long gone.......ha ha it's still funny, maybe you had to be there....good thing it was a nice calm spot in the river or I might have had to get into rescue mode. Ha Ha yeah I guess you had to be there.(I am still amused, sorry Dave) The next 2 pics are near Greenwood, I couldn't get a shot that would show all the flags at the same time but here's what I got. This is an old tunnel and on the side is the flags of the world it was pretty neat actually.




And of course we had to stop at the Hope Slide, here is the story on that.


This pic didn't turn out to well...it is a corn field outside of Abbotsford and it is ginormous it is the biggest corn field I have ever seen, a little hard to get a pic cruising along at 110km on the freeway.
This I thought was a curious place in Hope. It looks like something out in the middle of nowhere when in reality it is smack dab in the middle of Hope. It is surrounded by all the bustling and buildings of a busy little town.

I couldn't resist these 2 pics. They are of the surrounding mtns and the lake just before you drop down into Osoyoos. Again I do apologize for the quality of these photos....I have a hard enough time getting good pics when I'm stationary.


Anyhow that's it for the road trip.It was nice to get away, even for a short time but I'm sure it will be a long .....long time before I do another.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

That flag graffiti photo would have been perfect for a couple of Sunday Stills! You sure had nice weather for your trip, and got some nice photos. I like the lake shot.
Where's Kali in the water photo- didn't she go in too?
At least Dave had the grace to smile after his dunking!

DayPhoto said...

That was fun! I always like to travel with my blog friends for I'm sure I will never get to see those places in real life.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

IanH said...

I find that long trips make me appreciate home more.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Wonderful pics, and I hear you on the watching the action and missing the picture,happens to me all the time!

Crystal said...

That stroy of Dave falling in the river was too funny, I could toatally see it happening.
You got some pretty good pictures while travelling.

The Mares

The Girls That Share My Life

Jazz

Jazz

Moxie

Moxie

Jade

Jade

Mattie

Mattie